The Multiprotocol BACnet Controller has a set of multitasking communication ports, several universal inputs configurable in voltage, current, digital, thermistor and several analog outputs in voltage. It also has an I / O Bus port for communication with expansion modules.
The machine cycle can be set up to 10 ms and accepts digital, potentiometric inputs (with linear, logarithmic, linear voltage factor for thermistor, linear voltage, linear in ohms for thermistor), 0-10V, 4-20mA, both active and passive, while the outputs are either digital or 0-10V analog type.
Physically, the control unit can communicate with different layers such as RS‐232, RS‐485 and ETHERNET cable. The RS‐485 allows multi-point connections while the RS‐232 allows point-to-point connections via freely programmable communication protocol. The latter takes place through the use of a software that includes libraries containing the programming modules for the use of the main protocols. An M-Bus connection port is also available which allows the connection of up to 30 devices.
The controller can work in “Stand-Alone” mode since the intelligence is resident on the board, therefore the machine continues to perform its programmed regulation functions even if it does not communicate via the network (Ethernet) with any other controllers; in this case the machine will have an island operation with respect to the rest of the system. All types of active communication can operate simultaneously in multitasking making the system extremely fast and independent of the success of the individual communications with third party devices. A malfunction in the integration of a third party, for example, will not slow down the other communication channels that work in a totally independent way from each other.
Some Trendlog channels are also available, which can be associated with any sensor connected to the controller itself or with virtual sensors built via software. These recording channels are able to store a number of samples of your choice, and it is also possible to choose the time interval between the various samples.
The programming tool with graphic functional modules allows to realize the programming strategies of the controller in freely configurable mode. The software allows to:
- Create the control unit operating strategies
- Configure and activate any expansions modules
- Show the data in Live Viewer mode
- Changing parameters via Live Editor
- Download the startegies into the memory of the individual regulators
- Upload the strategies contained in the memory of the individual regulators
- Download the web pages created for viewing data via the integrated web server into the memory of the individual regulators.
Thanks to the integrated web server it is possible to:
- View the created modules using the PC software
- Change the settings of the control unit (IP address, BACNET address, date and time, etc…)
- View the graphic pages created by the PC software and loaded in memory to the control unit.